We are a full-service agency that has a wide-variety of offerings all built to get you leads. SEO is a huge part of that, but what exactly is SEO? Search engine optimization is complex, but the prospect of getting more leads through SEO should encourage you to learn more. Check out our FAQ to learn everything about what SEO is and how we use it to help you get organic leads.
- What are SEO, PPC, and SEM?
- Is SEO or PPC Better?
- What are Keywords in SEO?
- What are Short and Long-Tailed Keywords?
- Will a Blog Help My Website?
- What are Backlinks?
- Why are There So Many Ranking Factors?
- How Do I Write SEO-Optimized Content?
Q. What are SEO, PPC, and SEM?
A. As someone managing a website and trying to get leads, you have probably seen these acronyms thrown around quite often. Here are what they stand for and how they relate to each other:
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization is the optimization of either a page of a website or an entire website to appear higher on Google search results for specific keywords or phrases that people are looking up related to your business.
- PPC: The most common use of Pay-Per-Click is through Google Ads, formerly and now colloquially known as Google Adwords. This immediately puts your site right on the first page of Google, with a symbol next to your page that says “Ad”, for keywords that you choose to target.
- SEM: This is Search Engine Marketing and encompasses both PPC and SEO. An SEM tactic would involve combining PPC for immediate results and SEO for long-term traffic.
All of these are tactics used for getting more traffic to your site which leads to more leads.
Q. Is SEO or PPC Better?
A. The truth is…there’s no right answer. This is completely context-based. Organic search traffic that comes from SEO is better than PPC traffic. They convert at a higher rate and it’s more sustainable since you don’t have to directly pay for it.
That being said, it’s difficult and time-consuming to get your site to be optimized for Google search results. Even with a fully-dedicated team and a large SEO budget it can take a few months before you see a significant increase in traffic to your site from search engine optimization.
PPC is a great option for those that need leads fast. While SEO should be the goal for obtaining long-term lead generation for your company, mixing in PPC will help you get traffic for certain keywords without the wait.
This combination is why Sales Lead City is a full-service lead generation company. We can get you leads fast through expert PPC management and establish your site for long-term success with our SEO services.
Q. What are Keywords in SEO?
A. Keywords or keyphrases are the words and phrases that people look up on Google. In SEO, you would choose one or more keywords to optimize each page around.
Here at Sales Lead City, one of our SEO experts would do “keyword research” to determine the best keyword(s) to base a page on. We would consider the volume of the keyword, or how many people are actually looking up that word or phrase, the competition, or how many other sites are optimizing for that keyword and how big those sites are, and relevance, or how closely the page in question actually fits in with that keyword. To give you a competitive advantage, we also look at conversion value, which is the determination of whether a keyword will actually help bring in sales leads, or just bring in people who will only browse your site and leave.
Q. What are Short and Long-Tailed Keywords?
A. This is an important aspect of SEO strategy that we would focus on for long-term optimization for your site. Here are the definitions for short-tailed keywords, long-tailed keywords, and the less-talked-about medium-tailed keywords:
- Short-Tailed Keywords: These are the highest volume keywords. They are normally about 1-2 words and are incredibly difficult to rank for. An example for this would be the keyword “shirt”
- Medium-Tailed Keywords: Many people only talk about short and long-tailed keywords, but medium keywords are the sweet spot. These are typically 2-3 words and tack on just enough information on a short-tailed keyword so that the competitiveness isn’t too high. Example: “button-down shirt”
- Long-Tailed Keywords: Long-tail keywords are anything over 3 words. These have the least amount of competition but the lowest amount of search volume. Example: “blue button-down shirt with white stripes”
This is part of how we strategize for your business to help you get leads efficiently. Different businesses need to target different keywords. Our team is equipped with expertise and the latest software to determine which keywords to optimize your site around.
Q. Will a Blog Help My Website?
A. Blogs will absolutely help your site, especially in terms of SEO. Not only does good content help user experience, but this is an opportunity to target keywords and obtain backlinks to your site. Creating content that people in your industry want to see is one way that we help drive traffic to your site.
Q. What are Backlinks?
A. Backlinks are a key part to SEO. Google factors a lot into determining who ranks where, and, while we don’t know exactly what that formula is, backlinking is an incredibly important part. A backlink is a link from another site to your site. This proves to Google that you have authority and gives them a reason to rank you higher. Of course, a higher rank means more traffic which translates to more leads.
Backlinking is a huge part of our strategy. We work on determining who could potentially link to your site, create content for them to link to, and reach out to them to create linkbuilding relationships.
Q. Why are There So Many Ranking Factors?
A. When researching SEO, you probably have seen a countless number of factors that determine where on Google you rank. It may seem overly complex, but there’s a reason behind it all.
Google uses factors such as how many and how good of backlinks you have, how well your content is optimized, and how well your site is put together, among other factors, because these help user experience. Google wants to provide users with trustworthy sites that are writing content that truly applies to what the user wants and who have a site that is easy to use. Our goal is to get you leads, and we do this through SEO by giving your potential clients and customers a good experience.
Q. How Do I Write SEO-Optimized Content?
A. The best part is, you don’t have to. Part of our full-service offerings for lead generation is writing content that helps you rank on Google. We use the latest software to ensure that everything we write is ideal for search engine optimization.
Using this software, we are able to determine the readability, word count, tone of voice, and consistency as well as make sure that the target keywords, and their recommended keywords, are properly used throughout. This gives your pages the best chance of appearing high on Google search results and driving in leads.
As a business owner or manager, it is your responsibility to learn everything you can about your options for helping your business. That means learning about SEO so that you can make the decision on whether it is something you want to pursue. For most businesses, search engine optimization is the key to obtaining organic, long-term lead generation success.
To learn more about how our expert team can help your business get leads through SEO, give us a call at (248) 637-5985 or fill out our contact form.